Sunday, April 29, 2007

Google Reader Mobile leads to Feed Pruning

I'd been meaning to prune the list of RSS feeds that I follow on Google Reader, but always managed to put off the task.

Tonight, I finally found a good reason to sit down and do it: Google Reader's Mobile-friendly version.

The mobile version of Reader has actually been available for 11 months, but I was unaware that it existed, since I only started paying attention to mobile versions of websites this year.

Given the limited screen size that mobile browsers have, I don't want to be wasting time and money loading links and feeds that are no longer relevant to me, hence the feed pruning.

One other happy side effect: I've rediscovered wonderful feeds that I had been ignoring for a while because I had not yet gotten around to classifying them correctly. It's always good to unearth old, forgotten treasures.

0 comments: