Saturday, April 28, 2007

Calacanis = Cool Stuff

I had such fun reading about the new link-baiting rules posted a few hours ago by Jason Calacanis.

I learned about Jason through (what else?) Twitter a few months back, and even have one or two (maybe even three) of his tweets in my list of favorites. I especially enjoyed that time last month when he decided out of the blue to hold an "Ask Jason" session -- he basically tweeted a series of answers to questions that were sent to him via Twitter. Sadly, I couldn't send him questions of my own since I'm not one of his Twitter friends. * sniff! *

And while I'm sure it can be occasionally disconcerting to be on the receiving end of his outspoken and blunt interaction style, it does make for highly enjoyable CalacanisCasts. One recent podcast in particular was doubly entertaining, for Obvious reasons. *wink*

And while I doubt I'll ever have the opportunity to actually sit down and chat with him over a beer (what with me living in the Philippines and all), I get the sense that beneath the brash and in-your-face persona is a good guy. You only need to listen to his banter with Tyler, his CalacanisCast producer to get a sense of what kind of friend he'd be. Plus any guy who'd put a picture of his bulldog (Toro) on a prominent spot on his blog just can't be all that bad.

It's no wonder, then, that I am one of the 10,000+ people who follow his blog. And -- this is no joke -- I actually file his RSS feed under the tag "cool stuff"! If you're not following him yet, you really should.

P.S.
Definitely worth a read is Chris Finke's response to Jason's original post.

0 comments: