Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Dave Effect

Well, the Holy Week holidays have come and gone. Those were five wonderful days of rest, relaxation, reflection, and yes, endless web surfing.

Unfortunately, it's time to head "back to the slave pits," as our CEO is fond of saying.

But before I return completely to "real life," I wanted to cap off this fun period of blogging by sharing this little chart.



I call it "The Dave Effect" because it shows how the number of visits to this blog literally spiked in a single day, thanks to a couple of links from a prominent blogger on April 4.

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief, because it just goes to show how powerful two simple links can be. All you need is the right person saying, look this way, and an entire community of people will show up to take a look. That kind of influence is amazing.

At any rate, I expect traffic to settle back down to pre-Dave levels in another day or two.

Side note: I deliberately did not link Dave's name to his website or use his full name or his site's name in the text of this entry, since I now know that's how he found one of my earlier entries in the first place. I don't want him to think I'm some kind of attention junkie hoping to get another wave of traffic.

0 comments: