Friday, September 08, 2006

A Mark Of My Own

Sometimes inspiration comes from the strangest of places.

Never really felt a need to put my mark on anything before, but today I gave into the urge to create an avatar for my Twitter account. Since an avatar is only 48 x 48 pixels small, I figured I should be able to slap something together.

Since I don't have any real drawing skills, I turned to Powerpoint. Started with a simple capital letter M. Then scrolled through the fonts available on my PC and picked Script. Added periods before and after the letter, then used Word Art to shape the whole thing into a circle.

Figuring that less would be more, I chose one color for both the edges and the fill.

From there, I used good ol' Alt-PrintScreen to capture the image and paste it into MS Paint. Once in Paint, it was a simple matter to lower the letter M a bit, to create the impression that the dots are cradling it somehow.

The entire process took less than 10 minutes, including experimentation. Here's how the finished product looks:


I'm quite happy with it. :)

0 comments: