Thursday, September 07, 2006

Eye-Opener

I'm still a bit dizzy from flipping through five or six different books on typography and publication design today.

It was such an eye-opening experience because it made me realize just how little I know about the visual design a great document.

Heck, I didn't even know that professionals use grid systems to guide the layout of their pages, whether these be annual reports, newsletters, books, catalogs, or any other publication you can imagine.

I didn't realize that typography was such a rich topic, and that there can be so many things to understand about it.

I suppose if I were a journalism major all this might be old hat to me. But since I'm not, I find myself quite excited at the prospect of exploring yet another whole new world.

Why is there never enough time to explore all the interesting things that I manage to stumble across?!

0 comments: