Saturday, March 31, 2007

T Minus 1

I can't help but feel that we're not quite ready for tomorrow's event.

We had our first run-through at the actual theatre this afternoon, and it was somewhat disheartening. I guess I was being a tad too optimistic.


People running around getting things set-up on stage

In the past two weeks, I've noticed some interesting relationship dynamics at work in one of the teams in this production. Rather than go into excruciating detail, I think it's sufficient to say that these last 14 days have been eye-opening because I've learned new things about both old and new friends.

I've also repeatedly come to the conclusion that the best way to deal with a frustrating situation is to make sure you're not contributing to the problem.

When someone acts in a way that seems out of line, it's so easy to give into negative emotions and use that as an excuse to flake out yourself. This kind of mirroring activity really does not help at all, and only serves to make the situation worse for everyone involved.

Of course, it takes a different kind of discipline to control anger and irritation. I never said it would be easy! haha!

0 comments: