Saturday, May 26, 2007

Twittering from Facebook

When Twitter and Facebook announced their new collaboration on the Facebook Apps platform yesterday, my curiosity naturally got the better of me, and I went and signed up for a Facebook account the first chance I got.

[ I know, I know. I'm one of the few people left on the planet who got to it way too late! ]

It didn't take much effort to figure out how to install the Twitter application in my Facebook account since everything was just a matter of clicking on options and following prompts. Before long, I was posting my first Facebook-originating tweet.

While the installation process was easy and painless, I noticed there were times when I needed to force the browser to perform a page refresh for the Twitter App page to load completely. I can't tell at this point whether it's a problem with the site or with my internet connection. Either way, I consider it a minor thing at this point, since a page refresh gets around the problem.

As of this writing, a total of 2,349 other Facebook users have already installed the application (click on the image above right for a better look).

Coming Soon: Better Integration

It appears for the moment that tweets entered from outside of Facebook are not yet automatically reflected in the Facebook Twitter App.

Requests from the user community to add that capability have not gone unheard, so I expect we'll see tighter integration soon.


Since I'm more a Twitter user than a Facebook user (at least for now), I look forward to the day when my tweets are automatically propagated to my Facebook Twitter app (similar to the setup that I have with Jaiku).

It would be even better if my tweets also update my Facebook Status at the same time.

0 comments: