Monday, January 01, 2007

About

I've noticed that a number of this blog's visitors have been clicking on the "View My Complete Profile" link on my blog sidebar.

I feel kinda bad knowing that the people who click on that Blogger-template-generated link are not going to get a lot of information on my profile page, so I figured it's time to write an About Page. This is it.

* * *

Last updated: May 23, 2007

About Me

I maintain a consistent but anonymous presence on the web. Here's why.

I'm a tech addict. I'm the type of person who gets excited about technology and gadgets, even if there's no immediate or obvious business or revenue-generating value. I enjoy imagining the possibilities and wondering where things might lead. It's therefore not surprising that a lot of my posts are about brands that I love.

I'm a doting aunt. I strangely, unexpectedly, enjoy this role. It's made me realize that I can be patient, that I like to explain things to inquiring minds, and that being a parent is incredibly difficult. I appreciate my parents more now.

I'm an alto. I've been singing in choral groups since I was in the 5th grade. I cannot imagine life without music. Music can literally move me to tears or make me laugh out loud. My life is richer and fuller because of it.

I'm an email and Twitter junkie. It takes supreme effort of will not to regularly check my mail and phone for messages on a continuous basis. I think I'm finally getting the hang of it, but I still slip every now and then. ;-P

I'm an inconsistent blogger. I've created no less than five different blogs since 2003, and have since abandoned many of them. Somewhere out in the blogosphere are different pieces of me. I like that they are all separate from this blog.

I'm a perennial dieter. The whole fatblogging trend was made for the likes of me! Ha!

I'm an erstwhile writer. I used to write articles for trade publications. Even managed to co-author a book that's still listed on Amazon (ah, those were the good ol' days). I still write a lot for work these days, but I don't consider writing a profession.

About This Blog

This is a personal blog, which means I blog mainly for myself. There are no fixed topics; a quick look at the categories (a.k.a. labels) listed on this blog's sidebar should be proof enough that I literally write whatever comes to mind.

I have no illusions -- there's no doubt that you'll find some of the entries here completely boring. But if some of my entries help you out in some way, I'm glad.

0 comments: