Sunday, January 07, 2007

Not Worth the Effort

Lately it seems that a lot of things are not worth the effort.

  • I used to be obsessive about sending handwritten Christmas cards. But it's been a three or four years since I've done that.
  • I used to read fiction voraciously, but I don't think I've read more than a couple of books in 2006.
  • I used to worry and get upset when the guys in my division get job offers from competitors. Now it's just par for the course.
  • I used to carry a camera with me all the time and try to find new ways of looking at old things. Now my camera just sits at home.
  • I used to reply to every single Christmas and New Year greeting I received via text. That's no longer the case.
Bottomline, it's getting harder to drum up enthusiam for a lot of the things that used to be so important to me.

I must really be getting old. haha!

0 comments: